We Don’t Shy Away From The Tough CasesCall us 843-248-3177


Can I Sue A Bar For Overserving A Customer

Established And Respected Personal Injury Lawyers

Can A Bar Be Sued For Overserving A Customer?

Many times, drunk drivers cause accidents when they are heading home from a night out. Whether you live in the Myrtle Beach area or just come here for vacation, you know that there are many people on the roads at night who should not be.

At The Law Offices of L. Morgan Martin, we are personal injury attorneys who fight on behalf of the victims of drunk driving accidents, helping them and their families recover the compensation they deserve for their injuries and any pain and suffering. This includes taking action against bars, restaurants, liquor stores and party hosts that overserve their guests.

Dram Shop Law And Your Rights

While South Carolina does not have a specific “dram shop” law on the books barring establishments that serve or sell alcohol from overserving an already intoxicated patron, several court decisions in the state have held these establishments liable for civil damages in personal injury and wrongful death lawsuits.

As skilled investigators and litigators, we know how to prove whether a bar, restaurant or liquor store should have known not to serve an already drunk patron.

Additionally, if a party host serves alcohol to someone under 21, and that person then causes a drunk driving accident, you may be able to take legal action against the host. We will be able to determine whether you have a case to make for additional compensation.

Discuss Your Options With An Experienced Trial Lawyer Today

We will help you fight for any compensation that you deserve after a drunk driver’s negligence causes you and your family harm. To learn more about how we can help, contact The Law Offices of L. Morgan Martin in Conway, South Carolina, by filling out our online contact form or calling 800-506-0311 or 843-248-3177.