Prominent Verdicts & Settlements
From their offices in Conway, the attorneys at the Law Offices of L. Morgan Martin represent individuals in state and federal courts throughout the Myrtle Beach area in personal injury and wrongful death cases and criminal defense matters. In over 25 years of practice, our lawyers have achieved favorable settlements and verdicts on behalf of a wide range of clients.
We have taken personal injury and wrongful death claims to successful settlements or verdicts in a variety of areas, including defective products, automobile, and trucking accidents. Past results include:
- $10 MILLION TRUCKING COLLISION RECOVERY
- Our firm represented the estate of a young man killed by a large truck when that truck failed to stop in a timely manner. After 2 years of intensive litigation we were able to hold them accountable and collect $10 million for our clients.
- $9.6 MILLON VERDICT
- A jury awarded a 9.6 million dollar verdict for the victims of burns received as a result of a defective electrical breaker box.
- $ 8 MILLION SETTLEMENT IN DROWNING DEATH
- We were able to collect over $ 8 million for our clients who lost their loved one after drowning in a wrongful death suit.
- $2 MILLON SETTLEMENT FOR WRONGFUL DEATH
- Settlement in excess of $2 million for the wrongful death of a housewife killed in an auto accident by an impaired driver
- $1 MILLION WRONGFUL DEATH SETTLEMENT
- Settlement in excess of $1 million for the death of a sixty-eight year old truck driver
- $7 MILLION SETTLEMENT IN PROPERTY CONDEMNATION
- Settlement in excess of $7 million for a property condemnation action brought by the South Carolina Department of Transportation
- $1 MILLON RECOVERY FOR INJURY
- Recovering in excess of $1 million for worker shocked in electrical power cable accident at an amusement park.
In the area of criminal defense, we have taken over 75 felony trials to verdict, including homicide and murder trials, as well as negotiated numerous favorable plea agreements. Two of the cases defended by our office have served as the subject of books and made-for-television movies. Recent acquittals achieved by our criminal defense team include:
- 2022 – AYNOR MAN FOUND NOT GUILTY IN 2017 DOUBLE HOMICIDE
- An Aynor man was found not guilty, after a week long trial, for killing two people at a home in Horry County in 2017.
- 2021 – HORRY COUNTY MAN FOUND NOT GUILTY ON MURDER INDICTMENT
- May 21 Horry county man charged with Murder, Voluntary Manslaughter, Involuntary Manslaughter, and Attempted Murder found not guilty on all charges. After a week-long trial a jury deliberated for 4 hours before returning the verdict. Attached is a news article on the trial.
- 2019 – VOLUNTARY MANSLAUGHTER CONVICTION OVERTURNED.
- Defendant was originally charged with murder. Though acquitted at trial of the murder charge client was convicted of voluntary manslaughter until that conviction was reversed by the South Carolina court of appeals. In August 2019 the state Supreme Court denied the states request to hear the case effectively ending all criminal prosecution. See attached article and court decision.
- 2019 – NORTH MYRTLE BEACH MAN NOT GUILTY OF SEX CRIME
- North Myrtle Beach man found not guilty of criminal sexual conduct 1st degree and unlawful conduct towards a child after week long jury trial. View Article
- 2018 – CHARGES DISMISSES AFTER “STAND YOUR GROUND” HEARING
- North Carolina man wins “stand your ground ” hearing. Voluntary manslaughter charges are dismissed
- 2017 – TEEN AVOIDS JAIL WITH PROBATION IN SHOOTING DEATH
- An Aynor teen, who accidentally shot and killed his best friend, avoided jail when a circuit court judge was convinced to reduce his sentence to five years probation
- 2014 – WOMAN FOUND NOT GUILTY IN 2012 STABBING DEATH
- Marion county woman found not guilty of murdering her boyfriend after he was found stabbed to death in his home.
- 2012 – CHARGES DISMISSES AFTER “STAND YOUR GROUND” HEARING
- Murder indictment dismissed after stand your ground hearing.
- 2009 – OHIO MAN FOUND NOT GUILTY IN “SHAKEN BABY” TRIAL
- An Ohio was found not guilty of Homicide by Child Abuse in connection to the death of his infant daughter. After nearly a weeklong trial
- 2008 – MURDER CHARGE REDUCED AFTER HUNG JURY
- An Horry County man indicted for murder saw his charges reduced to manslaughter after jurors were unable to reach a verdict after a week long trial.
Call Us To Learn More About How We Get Positive Results
For more information, see our personal injury and criminal defense overviews, or view any of our practice area pages. If you have a specific question or need advice or representation on a particular civil or criminal matter, contact the Law Offices of L. Morgan Martin for a free consultation regarding how we can help you obtain a favorable outcome in your case.